Risa Permanadeli is the founder and the Director of Center of Social Representations Studies, Jakarta-Indonesia, since 2005. She earned her doctoral degree on Social Psychology from École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales, Paris-France. Her researches pivot is the elaboration of social thinking in non-Western society, especially in Indonesia. She explores the social, the history and the culture as the platform of the social thinking by using the perspective of Social Representations to study the Modernity and modernization; Place and Role of Women; Power and its social Representations; Urban Culture; Mythology, Imaginary and Oral Tradition. She teaches in Graduate Program of European Studies in University of Indonesia, and she is also member of Laboratoire Européan de la Psyhology Sociale, of Maison des Sciences de l’Homme, Paris-France.
Name: Risa Permanadeli (F)
Place and date of birth: Malang, 22nd of May 1965
Director of Center of Social Representations Studies (Pusat Kajian Representasi Sosial),
Jl. KH. Ahmad Dahlan 31, Jakarta 12130,
Ph. (21) 7226174, email: email@example.com
Academic background :
- Bachelor (with cum laude) in Psychology of Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta (1987)
- DEA (Diplome d’Etude Approfondie) in Social Psychology of Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Paris – France (1993)
- Doctor (with cum laude (avec mention Tres honorable) in Social Psychology of Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Paris – France (2000)
Working Experiences :
- Researcher at Research and Documentation Center for Manpower and Development of YTKI (Yayasan Tenaga Kerja Indonesia), 1988-1990
- Consultant for World Bank Project on The Self Financing Program for BLK (Badan Latihan Kerja – Center of Aprentice) in 7 provinces in Indonesia, 1989
- Founder and senior researcher at of Resources Productivity Center, 1990 - 2000
- The Jakarta Post – English Newspaper (Manager of Research and Development and Head of Human Resources Department), 2000-2002
- Lecturer at Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta, 2004 – now (currently attached to European Regional Studies, Graduates Studies Program, University of Indonesia)
- Researcher at Laboratoire Europeans de la Psychologie Sociale, Maison des Sciences de l’Homme, Paris-France, 2001-now
- Founder and Director of Center of Social Representations Studies (Pusat Kajian Representasi Sosial), from 2005-now
Research Experiences :
- How to change the consumer Attitude toward foreign product, a study on how to promote local products, won the 1st prize for National Scientific Competition (Lomba Karya Innovatif Produktif) held by Ministry of National Education and Culture in 1985
- Influence of message delivered by vendor in creating the good perception on local products, theses Bachelor in Psychology, in 1987
- Study on Putting Out System Worker, ILO project for World Bank Studies, 1988
- Study on the working perception of young people in Indonesia, Ministry of Manpower (Depnaker) and ILO project, 1989
- Social Representation of Modernity, a study of women position in the Javanese society. A case of the consumtion of body care products. Dissertation for Doctorat degree in Social Psychology, 2000
- Social Representation of Power (from 2001-2005) with Laboratoire European de la Psychologie Sociale, Maison des sciences de l’Homme, Paris
- Social Representation of State Terrorism (studies on Islamic movement in Indonesia), 2002-2003, with Rumah Ganeça
- Social Representations of Space in Jakarta. In search of epistimological ground of spatial use and functionality in contemporary urban context (with Jerome Tadie, Institut de Recherche pour le Developement, France) 2009
- Social Representation of the Veil. International research collaboration with Wolfgang Wagner of Linz University, Austria and Ragini Sen of Logistic, India; 2009-2011
- The absence of State in the creation of village poverty. The construction of citizenship and the phenomenon of Indonesian migrant worker. 2009-2010 (with UI research team-the Faculty of Humanities)
- The State and the insertion of non-public sector to development program: a study on the structure and the implementation of the policy on Corporate Social Responsibilities in Indonesia. 2011
- Advertising and its Social Representations: Understanding the construction of Social Taste (2011 - with UI research team-the faculty of humanities)
- Mythology, collective memory, and social representations. The study on I la Galigo and Bugis society. 2012 (in collaboration with Pertamina)
- A collective memory on urban life in Jakarta. Discourse, imaginary, and representations.2013-2015 (with Jerome Tadie, Institut de Recherche sur le Development, Paris-France)
Participation on International Conferences:
- Speaker for The International Forum on Economic Growth and Income Distribution in the Asean Region, 1989
- Speaker for The Place of Social Sciences in Indonesia, Atmajaya University, 2000
- Speaker for The International Conference on Social Representation, in Stirling-Scotland, 2002
- Speaker for The International Conference of Association of Asian Social Psychology, in Manila-Philippine, 2003
- Speaker for The International Conference on Social Representation, in Guadalajara-Mexico, 2004
- Member of Scientific Committee for the International Conference on Social Representation, in Rome-Italy, 2006
- Speaker for the the International Conference on Social Representation, in Rome-Italy, 2006
- Member of Scientific Committee for the National Congres on Social Representation, Argentina, 2007
- Poster presenter at V Latin-America day’s of Social Representations (JIRS), Brasilia-Brazil, 2007
- Chairperson of the 9th International Conference on Social Representations in Bali 2008.
- Speaker for the 9th International Conference on Social Representations in Bali 2008.
- Member of Scientific Committee of VI Latin-America day’s of Social Social Representations (JIRS), Argentina, 2009
- Speaker in the VI Latin-America day’s of Social Social Representations (JIRS), Argentina, 2009
- Invited Speaker and National Honorary President for the Regional Asian Workshop on Social Representations, Yogyakarta 2009
- Member of Scientific Committee of 10th International Conference on Social Representations in Tunisia 2010.
- Speaker for the 10th International Conference on Social Representations in Tunis, Tunisia-2010.
- Speaker for International Conference on Multiculturalism and Global Community, Tehran-Iran, 2010
- Speaker in Seminar of ISEAS on Discourse of Coming Home, Singapore, 2010
- Invited Speaker in International Conference organized by PELBBA (Pertemuan Linguistik, Bahasa dan Budaya – Meeting on Linguistic, Language and Culture) on Language and Power, Bandung-2011
- Member of Scientific Committee of VII Latin-America day’s of Social Social Representations (JIRS), Brazil, 2011
- Invited Speaker in the VII Latin-America day’s of Social Social Representations (JIRS), Brazil, 2011
- Member of Scientific Committee of next 11th International Conference on Social Representations in Portugal, 2012.
- Speaker for the 11 th International Conference on Social Representations in Portugal 2012.
- Invited Speaker in International Conference organized by KIMLI (Pertemuan Linguistik, Bahasa dan Budaya – Meeting on Linguistic, Language and Culture), 2012
- Speaker (with Jerome Tadie) on the 8th International Convention on Asian Scholars, Macao, 2013
- Invited Lecturer at Graduate Studies of Psychology, University Nuevo-Leon, Monterey-Mexico, September, 2004
- Invited Researcher (Directeur d’Etudes Associée, DEA) at Maison des Sciences de l’Homme, Paris, May-June 2005
- Invited Lecturer at Ruy Barbosa University, Salvador-Bahia, Brasil, 2007
- Invited Experienced Researcher in Labmeeting of European Phd of Social Representation and Communication, Rome - September 2006 and 2007
- Invited Lecturer at Université de Rouen, France –2009
- Invited Lecturer at Faculty of Philosophy, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina (November 2009)
- Invited Lecturer at Graduate School of Community Psychology, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina (November 2009)
- Invited lecturer, Laboratoire de la psychologie sociétale, Maison des Science de l’Homme, Paris, 2010
- Invited Researcher (Directeur d’Etudes Associée), at Maison des Sciences de l’Homme, Paris, September 2011
- The Social Representations of State Terrorism (Indonesian Case), with Emmanuel Subangun, 2003, in. Psihologia Sociala şi Noua Europã. In honorem Adrian Neculau. Ed. Luminitia Mihaela Iacob and Dorina Salavastru. Iasi-Polirom, Rumanie.
- Il Potere. Un’alternativa metodologica ed analitica allo studio della sua rappresentazione sociale nelle societa non-occidentali., 2008, In. Del Potere e di Altri Demoni. Ed. Ida Galli. Napoli. Edizioni Scientifihe Italiane.
- Perempuan,Kebudayaan dan Negara. 2009, In. Buku Referensi Penanganan Kasus-kasus Kekerasan terhadap Perempuan di Lingkungan Peradilan Umum., Ed. Risa Permanadeli et all..,Komisi National Anti Kekerasan terhadap Perempuan, Jakarta., 2009
- Psycho-spiritual Harmony., 2010, In. D.J., Christie (Ed)., Encyclopedia of Peace Psychology., Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley and Blackwell.
- O pensemanto social e a produção do conhecimento local: anotacoes sobre uma jornada na teoria das Representacões Sociais na Indoné10/6/2011sia. In. Teoria das Representacoes Sociais. Ed. Almeida, A.M., Santos, M.D., et Trindade, Z.A., Brasilia: Technopolitik, 2011
- Introduction.(with D. Jodelet), In. Production of Knowledge and Social Representations. Proceeding of 9th International Conference on Social Representations. Co-editor with Jodelet, D., Sugiman, T., (2012)., Jakarta: Graduate Program of European Studies – University of Indonesia.
- In Search of Asia. A historical Trajectory to re-discover Asia: The case of Social Psychology. In. Production of Knowledge and Social Representations. Proceeding of 9th International Conference on Social Representations. Permanadeli, R., Jodelet, D., Sugiman, T., (2012)., Jakarta: Graduate Program of European Studies – University of Indonesia
- Indonesia and its Modern History of Knowledge Production: Colonialism and its Social Representations. In. Production of Knowledge and Social Representations. Proceeding of 9th International Conference on Social Representations. Permanadeli, R., Jodelet, D., Sugiman, T., (2012)., Jakarta: Graduate Program of European Studies – University of Indonesia.
- The Veil and Muslim’s women identity: Cultural Pressure and Resistance to Stereotyping, in. Wagner, W., Sen, R., Permanadeli, R., and Howard, C., In. Culture and Psychology, Vol. 18 Issue 4, 2012, p. 79-99.
- In search of an imaginary character of modernity in Jakarta. A social representation of urban modernity. With Tadie, J., in. Paper on Social Representations: Special Issue on Social Imaginaries (2013 – forthcoming).
- Women’s understanding of modernity in Indonesia: the search for a cultural platform, In. Magioglou, T., (Ed)., Culture and Political Psychology: a Societal Perspective, (forthcoming publication - 2013), USA: Information Age Publishing.
- The Veil: What it means in Indonesia., In. Gender Perspectives, Volume 4 January 2013, Singapore: ISEAS Gender Studies, Institute of South East Asian Studies
- Member of Editorial Board of Psicologia & Saber Social – Psychology & Social Knowing, Psychologie & Savoir Social, Psicología & Saber Social. The journal will be edited by the Observatório de Pesquisas e Estudos em Memória e Representações Sociais, of the Laboratório de Estudos Contemporâneos, at the University of the State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and it will constitute the scientific official journal of the Centro Internacional de Pesquisa em Representação e Psicologia Social Serge Moscovici, currently based at the University of Brasilia.
- Member of Scientific Board of Societal and Political Psychology International Review. (http://www.ripps.uav.ro/)
- Member of Editorial Board of Special Issue on Social Imaginaries, Papers on Social Representations. Peer reviewed online journal. 2013. (http://www.psych.lse.ac.uk/psr/)